Jobsrepublic (Amsterdam - Netherlands) develops technology that bring people and jobs together. In an increasingly competitive marketplace we create and deliver products and services that exceed our customer’s expectations, whilst ensuring the product management efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals. The core values of our company are innovation, customer satisfaction and robustness, and we expect the candidate to demonstrate innovative thinking that creates new products and services that enhance these values of our product.
Working closely with the product manager, the development team takes ownership of all technical aspects of our web based applications, increasing usability and functionality for our customers. You will be working in an Agile environment iterating quickly on ideas and bug fixes. We are passionate about producing clean maintainable code, and fostering a coaching culture within the team.
Using agile methodology, our team works in sprints of small regular releases. Each developer is involved in the full software development lifecycle from requirement analysis and design, to programming, testing and release. This role is split approximately:
- 80% Development (coding and testing)
- 10% Scoping and planning
- 10% Support
Liaising with customer service, graphic design and other developers, your constructive input is expected and appreciated. At times you may also take responsibility for the full-delivery of any assigned functionality and/or task.
As a senior developer you will support the technical strategy of the product. You will be asked to ensure the technical development and new features meet the business plan of the company.
You will have the opportunity to innovate creating and designing your own ideas. This is a role for a developer who likes to be able to play with new technology but who can also look at their designs and applications from the customer’s point of view.
- Proven tech leadership experience in JAVA and Spring MVC environment
- BSc in Computer Science or any maths/physics related degree and 6+ years’ experience in software development. Or 10+ years’ experience without a degree.
- Scrum or XP experience
- Extensive experience with TDD
- Good knowledge in Object Orientation, Design Pattern and Data Structure
- Relational databases
- Web services (RESTful)
- Working with ORM’s, eg. Hibernate
- Passion for technical excellence and interest in software development
- Drive, imagination and a capacity to learn. Turning ideas into reality in an agile environment
- Experience in the implementation of highly robust solutions with third parties.
- JS / backbone, HTML, CSS, Git, Mocking frameworks, Tomcat, MySQL, AWS, Linux
- Continuous integration and contionuous delivery
- Scrum master experience
- Good salary, pension and travelling cost compensation, 25 vacation days
- Flexible working hours
- The possibility to work part time (32 or 36 hours)
- Excellent hardware
- Free lunch
- Experienced co-workers
- An innovative, challenging and exciting learning environment in our office in Amsterdam.
Our products and company - We help people find jobs that really make them happy
Jobsrepublic is a fast growing company in the digital recruitment space. Our product line offers a complete solution for the workforce sourcing process and aim to find the right job based on the individual’s talents and motivations. Our strategy is to provide intuitive products that help every candidate find their dream job and increase employment satisfaction. We are one of the leading suppliers in recruitment software in the Netherlands and own a number of household brands. For more information about our company, click here.
Our procedure is set up to make really sure that we have a good match from both sides. We want you to have a really great job and we want to be sure that we expand the team with a great teammember that helps us getting to the next level. After checking your cv we'll have a quick chat on the phone. After this we want you to perform a coding exercise so you can show us your skills. After this you will then be invited for a skype call and have an interview with Xin Zhu (Architect, Lead) and Eric van Bourgonje (CEO). Next step will be that we will set up a meeting here in Amsterdam to meet the team and go in more detail. If we hire you we will help you out with relocation. But that's for later..
Please apply through the form by clicking 'Solliciteren' (The form is in dutch, but you'll find out ;)) or contact our Team Lead Xin Zhu directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)20 - 26 11 26 0